How To Claim
- Immediately sign the back of your ticket in the space provided.
- Collect prizes of $599.99 or less at any Lottery Retailer.
- If you win any prize of $600 or more, claim prize at
Montana Lottery Headquarters, 2525 North Montana Avenue, in
- You may also claim any prize by mail. Claim forms are
available on the Lottery's web site at www.montanalottery.com.
- All prizes must be claimed with six (6) months of the
drawing for which the winning play was eligible.
Montana Lottery does not offer a
Since 1995, following legislative action, Montana Lottery proceeds
have gone to the state's General Fund. The General Fund provides money
for state programs which do not have dedicated revenue sources, such
as education, health, and public safety, to name a few.
Retailer Bonus Structure
Each retailer is entitled to a base commission of 5% of the face
value of scratch tickets activated and not returned. Retailers who
sell terminal issued tickets are entitled to a 5% commission of the
face value of terminal issued tickets printed. However, to further the
sale of lottery products, the lottery commission may adopt rules
providing additional commissions to sales agents based on incremental
For U.S. citizens furnishing Social Security numbers, we are
required by law to withhold 10% state tax and 25% federal tax from any
prize more than $5,000. Other scenarios apply for non-residents or
those without a social security number.
State Fun Facts Information
- "Montana" comes from the Latin and Spanish word for
- The headwaters of the nation's longest river, the Missouri, is
- Helena, Montana's state capital, had electricity one month
before New York City, in August 1882.
- The Montana town of Butte gave birth to the game of keno when a
cigar store manager adapted it from a Chinese gambling game and
then took it to Las Vegas.